Topic: The reasons behind an online library – Why Look Hear Australia?
Why did you start LHA?
I want it to be a long term resource I can use for my therapy, so I don’t have to send stuff to families or create things for families all the time. I want to empower families to do that for themselves and I want these resources to be available for therapists who are time poor.
How did you decide on a blog/website?
I also want it to be online or cloud so I don’t have to have all these resources on my computer – I can have an I-pad or tablet for work, as then all the resources are available to me wherever I am.
Who are you writing a blog for?
Myself, other professionals and families. I am writing it and hosting it so it is a bouncing place for parents and professionals to get bite sized, high quality information and then be able to point them in the right direction for more (expert) information.
What types of values and beliefs do your audience have?
- Professionals; Valuing the child and family as unit and being family centered.
- Parents and Professionals; A want for high quality information that is easy to read and understand.
- Parents; Curious about their child and wanting to know more.
Who are your audience?
- Professionals – Allied Health
- The wider community.
What style of Blog did you want?
- Easy to read
- Simple and clear
- Expert and evidence based
- Hard to read
- Selling things – pushy
Find out more about us on our about us page here!