Topic: The reasons behind an online library – Why Look Hear Australia?
Why did you start LHA?
I want it to be a long-term resource that I can use for my therapy, so I don’t have to send stuff to families or create things for families all the time. I want to empower families to do that for themselves and I want these resources to be available for therapists who are time poor.
How did you decide on a blog/website?
I also want it to be online or cloud so I don’t have to have all these resources on my computer – I can have an iPad or tablet for work, as then all the resources are available to me wherever I am.
Who are you writing a blog for?
Myself, other professionals and families. I am writing it and hosting it so it is a place for parents and professionals to get bite-sized, high quality information and then be able to point them in the right direction for more (expert) information.
What types of values and beliefs do your audience have?
- Professionals; valuing the child and family as unit and being family-centred.
- Parents and Professionals; a want for high quality information that is easy to read and understand.
- Parents; curious about their child and wanting to know more.
Who are your audience?
- Professionals – Allied Health
- The wider community
What style of Blog did you want?
- Easy to read
- Simple and clear
- Expert and evidence-based
- Hard to read
- Selling things – pushy
Find out more about us on our about us page here!